Thursday, October 21, 2010

Neal Drobnis



Neal Drobnis maintains an active artist studio in Rhode Island where he creates one of a kind sculptures, limited editions, awards, and distinctive gifts.
My work includes a variety of genres, based on vessel forms. Inspired by nature and ancient artifacts my sculpture is an exciting combination of the cast and blown glass techniques, reinterpreting a tradition of glass forming used by the Romans over three thousand years ago. Starting a new work I always feel a need to balance my ideal of a finished piece with the realities of the material and my experience of the moment. Hoping to create a meeting of two conflicting ideas my final pieces present issues of contrast and coexistence. The creative and technical processes are integral partners in the art making process.

No comments:

Post a Comment